Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Barbeque What?

Although our family doesn't eat a vegetarian diet anymore, we eat very little meat. We eat no beef, because our child is allergic to it, and for general health reasons. Although we do eat chicken and fish, we eat a lot of vegetarian and vegan meals. Tonight I decided to make "barbeque tofu", something that seems like two worlds merging together... that really never should be. But it really isn't bad, I swear!
It's frugal and although not the healthiest way to prepare tofu, it's not that bad for you, either. It's also very quick to prepare.I just take some barbeque sauce and marinate slices of tofu in it before sauteing in a little canola oil, and then topping it off with more sauce. I make my own barbeque sauce, but really anything you buy in a jar will probably do just fine.
Here it is in the pan:
And here it is on a plate, undignified on bread instead of a roll (but it's hard for me to get dairy free rolls and I just don't have the time right now to make them):

No comments: